What happens at this age?
- Children start to see how things are interconnected.
- They can understand more complex types of humor (like sarcasm).
- They have general knowledge of the world around them, and can add to that knowledge.
- ‘Real’ emotions and relationships become more important. Good acting, recognisable situations, emotions and social lessions in films and TV series become more important.
- They’re able to put fears into perspective, for example by thinking about them, by analyzing dangers or by distancing themselves.
What type of content can be harmful?
- Intense images of violence
- Productions in which humans or animals suffer, or in which they are very frightened.
- Bloody injuries or bodies.
- Alcohol, drugs, discrimination or sex. Because children this age don’t have a lot of experience with these elements, they’re not yet able to put them into perspective. Depictions of these elements may also influence their behaviour.
Productions with a 12 years rating
SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME
Jujutsu Kaisen 0: The Movie
NO TIME TO DIE
A Star is Born
Amélie - 20th Anniversary
Emily in Paris: Season 1
Manifest - Seizoen 1
Images: Header Jujutsu Kaisen 0: The Movie (Periscoop Film), screenshot Spider-Man: No Way Home (Disney)