What happens at this age?
- It’s hard to differentiate between what is real and what is not.
- Children at this age are visually oriented and focus on everything that you can (literally) see.
What type of content can be harmful?
- Cartoons and animations with ‘real people’ that feature violence. Such content can make children at this age feel agitated, aggressive or scared.
- Productions that feature fantastical characters or animals that look threatening or behave in a threatening manner.
- Films or series featuring creatures, animals or people that transform into something else, can be scary to children at this age.
- Images of (mild) injuries can be a bit too scary.
The 6 years rating does not refer to how fun or suitable a film or series may be for children this age. It only informs you of the potential harmfulness of content.
Images: Header Encanto (Disney), screenshot My Sweet Monster (Dutch FilmWorks).